Friday 21 September 2012

Where I'm From

This is a poem I have wrote last year for a book called Tom Finder. We had to write a where I'm from poem, editing Show Don't Tell into it as well.

The Deep Soul
I’m from gloomy-dusty spaces,
Where crickets chirp to the muted grace.
I am from a place of suppressed secrets,
With too much concealed in open spaces.
From the stunning dawn rays,
Where the shine brings out my deepened soul.
From the who-cares,
And abruptly bolting off to a new blissful home.


I am from the solemn forgotten parks,
Where we’re cats, swarming for an enchanting home.
From the freezing rain of despair,
Where soul-shuddering tears escape from my resisting eyes.
From the most lavish land,
In great deep troubles,
Where I care for deprived,
With Earnest-Kind Soups.
My fist of courage will punch a hole,
Through the darkening-haunted sky.

I am a dusky-undetectable chameleon,
Camouflaged in great disarray,
Where I forgot whom I am, my lovely melodious memory,
Where I found myself, bloody and tangled with life,
On haunting streets that inhabited shadowy figures.
I am from unpleasant-cruel names,
Where a stony-blinding force,
Struck my oblivious head,
Erasing my eternally-forever hopes and dreams,
That I fantasized what I would become.

In a sinister place,
Where I found my buried treasure of desires and wants.
A person I loved,
Who deceived my dirty-melancholy eyes.
Now I find myself
Deserted on a broken road
Where I construct my ferocity and screech,
And felt a harsh pound in my heart.
I now know what I can find,
My burdened soul ,
Inside of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger