Wednesday 19 September 2012

Storywriting

I love to story-write. It's what I love to do. I am full of ideas, it just takes a long time to write it out. here is one of my prologues I made.

Bright As Joy
Prologue
December 30, 2009 11:58 PM
            On the highway leading down a steep hill, it began to snow. Our RV was jumping up and down over crusted roads that weren’t ridden on before.
            “Dad, are you sure you know where you’re going?”
            “I’m sure, Janie. This is just a short cut I used to take when I went down this road with Mr. Winters. We were fine… Well, in the summer.”
            I held onto the couch, with my pink blanket right on my lap.
            “Hey Janie, it’s 11:59! One more minute until your birthday, and Christmas too! You’ll turn eleven at midnight, which was the actual time you were born!”
            My mom was smiling, ready to scream out Happy Birthday and sing. The snow was starting to fall faster, each snowflake bunched up on the driver’s w
indow. We were close to home after a curve on the hill, but something didn’t sound right when we were almost on the curve. One of our wheels deflated, but we were still moving. We were at the curve, and when we tried to turn the car, it just wouldn’t stop. The car was still sliding, and we hit the railing on the road. We didn’t fall off to the ocean yet, but the car was hanging off the road.
            “To the back exit, go!”
            My dad pointed to me, and I pushed the door open. I saw the license plate hanging onto a ledge, but the plate was urging to flick off the car. I stepped on the road, but the plate was almost going off.
            “MOM! Hurry, grab my hand!”
            My mom ran towards me. She reached her hands out and jumped in tears. The car finally let go of the plate, and my mom’s pants got caught on the door. I caught her hand, but the car was plunging towards the water. Her hands slipped away and I wanted to go for her.
            “MOM, DAD, NO!” 
HOPE YOU ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger