Thursday 18 October 2012

Canada's Northern Gateway Pipeline (School Work)

Recently we have been studying the Northern Gateway Pipeline that will be going through Alberta, B.C. and the ocean all the way to China. It will deliver oil through the pipeline and immigrate westwards. The Northern Gateway Pipeline is being managed by Enbridge which is an oil company. The problem is that many people don't trust the Enbridge because of recent oil spills in the past decade. Many people want to promote this Pipeline into action, but many others have concerns.
After reading several articles and seeing videos for and against the project, I believe that the project shouldn't be continued. Think of what would happen if the pipeline broke anytime in the ocean. 


Specifically, nature is very special in our world and each thing on this planet has a role that keeps running this world. I would hate it if there was a leakage in the pipeline and it destroys the ocean. Enbridge had done their promise of a day-by-day check, but yet why don't we trust them? In one of the spills in this past decade, they have buried oil under sand. As seen in the For video, the person dug up the sand and the oil lunged out to the ocean.

My key argument supporting my position is can we trust them to do exactly the right thing in the pipeline? Furthermore, if there IS a oil spill, they guaranteed to actually clean out the oil in the ocean? These are the questions I would ask, day by day to myself till they prove me wrong and my trust is fully under their wings.



Brenda Gartner, who represents aboriginal groups along British Columbia Coast, written in Calgary Herald, "They haven't done the studies that are necessary to truly understand the impacts of these projects on coastal First Nations and the ecosystems they rely upon, not only for salmon, but for all the resources along the whole of their territories."
I stand by what Gartner stated because this pipeline will go through someone's land. More specifically, the First Nations along the coast. I wouldn't like it if my home was disturbed by construction.

This is what I believe about the Northern Gateway Pipeline and I am against the project.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger