Tuesday 25 September 2012

Bamfield Reflection (School Work)

I know I have talked about Bamfield too much, but I have to do a reflection on it and try to get my reflection on my school Spectrum (Newspaper):

Bamfield
            Bamfield (Victoria, B.C.) was a great experience. Probably saving the school’s paramount camping trip for last! I can imagine myself cradling back and forth on the Alta, the nice-exotic air in the rainforest and about millions of sea snails I killed, desolately. I never thought all this fun would ride with me so shortly.
             Yesterday was a long-dreadul day, but eyes open, I was ready to learn. We began with the Oceanography Plankton Tow. We went on a skiff, a bright-silver boat flashing before my eyes. Voyaging on the skiff with my group, the sound of waves bubbled behind. 


We got to test water salinities and ocean visibility We also collected plankton a few meters deep in the water and identified them in the Rix Lab.
            After lunch, we went to learn about marine invertebrates. Those stinging anemone were fun touch, squishy sea cucumbers, sticking sea stars, this was a fun time to get to meet our marine neighbors in the ocean, mysterious and obscured from sight. After learning about a lot of different sea critters, we went on the Alta. It was a fun experience, as I can remember myself feeling the fresh splash of seawater on my face, salt water dripping down.We got to get more sea creatures from the ACTUAL Ocean and there were a lot of starfish.
            After a good dinner, we went to journal at the Rix Atrium. We were assigned to make blissful haikus about Bamfield. After, we watched a movie about marine animals: Life at the Edge of the Sea.
            We went back to the dorms for a good night sleep, after a long-draining day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger