Friday 16 November 2012

My Business Letter

Few weeks ago, my class and I were practicing how to write business letters. Business letters are very important, as they can help in giving important information or applying for a job.


9.2 Homeroom
Room 29
Name of School
November 1, 2012
NNovember 1, 2012




Name of Student, Student
Address of the receiver
Calgary, Alberta
Zip Code


Dear Miss Student's Name:

My name is (Sender's Name) and I am writing this letter to you to consider my opinion on your editorial cartoon. I agree with you that genetically modified fruit are very harmful to humans.


Your cartoon was about how genetically modified can have some unknown effects. There was a doctor asking if the client has ate another genetically modified fruit, as the client had multiple ears and hands. I side with you that there should be no genetically modified foods and because we don’t know what kind of food genes have been altered and modified. If these scientists don’t provide us with the specific details of a genetically modified food, the scientist may as well be in debt to all those who are harmed in the process of eating one of these genetically modified foods. Your cartoon has convinced me to side with you because genetic modified foods might cause a reaction inside the human system. According to the Organic Authority and Personal Nutrition Guide Website, it has been known that scientists have not yet studied the exact amount of health consequences in genetically modified food. Which is exactly what your cartoon had conveyed. How I believe we can tackle on this issue is getting our voices heard to the government, companies and scientist of the consequences this experiment will cost. I believe that sending a formal letter to the government or beginning a protest over the web are some simple ideas to make yourself heard.

Thank you for taking your time to read my letter. I hope you consider taking in my ideas and we can meet up to discuss our ideas.

Sincerely,




(Sender's Name)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger