Friday 20 September 2013

X Factor U.S.A: Season 3! Episode 1 Review

Sorry I haven't been blogging. Started high school a few weeks ago and been having too many tests lately. But hey, now that I'm free lets talk X Factor Once Again! :D I would've talked about it last week, but as I said before there were delays.


The X Factor has gone back to the original categories from Season 1 (Girls, Boys, Over 25s, and Groups.) And their has been many unconfirmed reports that Demi gets the Girls, Paulina gets the Boys, Kelly gets Over 25s and Simon gets Groups once again. This will be confirmed after auditions, where judges will receive their categories RIGHT BEFORE the next stage of the competition. Speaking of next stage, Bootcamp and Judges Houses has been confirmed to be removed. Simon Cowell Stated: "It was one of the element of the show I wasn't happy with, and it looked too similar to what everybody else is doing." These stages of the competition has been replaced with a new middle section which was gone on to be described as "Very dramatic, really tough on us and the contestants, and high pressure" Simon Cowell described.

The X Factor Premiere was a good start to the show. I kinda felt like they showed A LOT of nos' to people instead a LOT of yeses to people. At least we got to see some successes in some Amazing Auditions. I'll be ranking all the successful auditions from each episode, one Wish I Could've Seen Auditions and Two Worst Auditions of the Night.

Here's A Recap of Episode 1



So lets start off with my top four (Reason for only four is because I only got to see four auditions that got through.
4. Alex & Sierra
In fourth place is the first group we've seen audition as a whole part in this episode. They're very good with their harmonies together and you can definitely see their chemistry. The only downfall was that 'their' version of the song has been performed before by Melanie Martinez from Season 3 of the Voice and also someone else I can't remember. Putting that aside, I can see them going far if they make songs their own.
Here's their audition and after-audition.
Audition
After Audition
 
3. Carlito Olivero
The first audition from the boys' category to be seen on X Factor as a whole audition. I've never heard a voice like this that is currently in the Music Business. I can see him going far as well because I believe he has a lot of potential in this competition.
Here's his Audition and After-Audition.
Audition
After-Audition

2. Rion Paige
This was a difficult choice to whether place Rion or Lillie first or second. They're both very good and have extreme age differences from many other contestants. Rion is one of the youngest and Lillie may be one of the oldest currently in the competition. Rion was put in second place by me because I feel like their is still a long way to go for her and I haven't heard what she would sound like later in the next decade or so. She has a powerful voice and she will go far in this competition.
Audition
After Audition

1. Lillie McCloud
Lillie made a lasting impressions on the judges with how her age didn't define her look. She looked like she was in her 30s! This was a very original audition and Demi deemed this audition as like "Its like I'm listening to Whitney." In a tearful way as Demi said it. The only question is I wonder what will happen later on in the competition :D
Audition

After-Audition

Well now that I'm done with my Top Four, I can't do my Wish I Could've Seen Audition part because X Factor kept showing worst auditions which I never wanted to see. So lets move onto the worst audition of the night. I'm only doing one bottom audition because they only showed one full audition that didn't get through.
Bottom of the Night
Sally Hessnice
Sally had a very bright personality and she says she makes people happy when she sings. I think by Happy she meant that they laugh exactly like Simon did. She had some nice parts but most of it was covered with her high-pitchy-operatic voice. Her voice kept bouncing around sometimes that it kinda was a little annoying. Well on the bright side, she won't give up......
Well that's it Folks! Check out my next Episode Review for X Factor on my blog!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger